If it is time for you to consider getting a new roof on your home, it is an investment that you want to make sure you get right. A new roof is something that you don’t want to have to replace for a long time. When it comes to putting a new roof on your home, there are several different materials that you can choose from. One of them is metal. There are several benefits that come from choosing a metal roof when you replace your current roof. Nickerson Roofing is here to talk about some of the reasons you might want to consider putting a metal roof on your home.
Advantages of a Metal Roof
Following are just some of the reasons that a metal roof makes a great choice for homeowners:
– Roof Lifespan: When you have an asphalt shingle roof, you can count on that roof lasting between 15-20 years before it needs to be replaced. However, if you choose to have a metal roof put on your house, it will last you over twice that long at 50+ years. You will get that lifespan out of a metal roof with little to no maintenance.
– Low Roofing Maintenance: That brings us to the next benefit; which is a metal roof requires almost no maintenance whatsoever. You don’t need to clean them or anything.
– Resistance to Harsh Weather: If you live in an area that experiences harsh weather conditions, metal roofs are one of the best options for you. You don’t have to worry about strong winds blowing any shingles off your roof, heavy rain or snow causing damage, or even hail damage. They are designed with severe weather in mind.
– Fire Resistance: Some people live in an area where fires are common. The good news about metal roofing is that it is fire resistant. You aren’t going to see a metal roof catch on fire and spread quickly through a house like other types of roofs.
– Roofing Variety: You might think that you have only a couple of options when you choose to have a metal roof put on your home. However, there are several different colors and styles that you will be able to choose from depending on the color and style of your home.
– Roof Cost: You will notice that a metal roof will cost a bit more upfront than a different type of roof. However, you need to take into consideration that you won’t have to think about replacing that roof with a new one for a very long time. The lifespan of the roof, coupled with the energy savings and low maintenance are enough to make up for the cost.