Nickerson Roofing has proudly serviced commercial businesses and residential homes throughout Truckee, California and the North Lake Tahoe Basin for over 25 years. With our experience and expertise Nickerson Roofing has become a reputable roofing company our valued customers have turned to for all their roofing needs. We are fully licensed and insured as we apply our high moral standards, friendly customer service, and consistent superior roofing related services. With the aid of exclusive professional grade equipment, products, tools and supplies, Nickerson Roofing experts deliver maximum results on the various roofing services we provide to ensure our customers are getting nothing but the best.
Preventive Maintenance Roofing Inspections
Nickerson Roofing offers roof inspection services to business structures and homes across Truckee, California and surrounding areas. Roofs are a very important aspect to any building’s structure. The roof contributes to the overall structure’s durability and offers protection from the elements. But even the sturdiest roof can have flaws or suffer damage. Investing in a professional roof inspection from Nickerson Roofing can minimize major issues and costly repairs. Catching minor issues and tending to the repairs before they grow can extend the lifespan of your commercial or residential roof.
Residential Home Roofing Inspection Checklist
Nickerson Roofing’s roof inspections to your residential home in Truckee, California are thorough and detailed. Our professional inspections include but are not limited to the following:
– Improper flashing: A home generally has at a minimum of three feet of leak barrier. The flashing should be an underlayment specifically designed to repel ice and water. The tar or felt paper should not be affected as it can cause leaks.
– Roof Leak detection: As we inspect the roof and find leaks or signs of water damage on the ceiling, your roof will need repairs to fix the areas that are leaking. However, it’s also possible that water could not be draining adequately due to clogged gutters and if that is the case, a simple gutter cleaning might have to be done. Strong winds can make your shingles blow away, which leaves spaces for water to seep into your home and cause damage and leaks.
– Rot and mold: If water damage has been left to fester, the roofing materials or other areas might be left rotting and/or mold to grow. In addition, the rot and mold can occur when you have constant water exposure to wood rafters.
– Structural efficiency: If we notice your roof deck is sagging or if you can see natural light showing through the roof, your roof is in need of serious repairs before major catastrophe occurs. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may be looking at a new roof.
– Shingle deterioration: This can include shingles that are loose, missing, curling, buckling, rotting or have algae growth. Over time, shingles naturally deteriorate or become inflicted with extreme weather conditions. Nickerson Roofing inspect every shingle to ensure its durability.
– Gutters: If your gutters sound like maracas when you shake them, you may have an excessive amount of loose shingle granules. This is a common sign of advanced wear on your shingles. We also like to ensure that there are no obstructions leading to water damage on the roof.
Commercial Roof Inspection Checklist
Commercial roofs in Truckee, California need Nickerson Roofing roof inspection service as well. Commercial inspections are equally as thorough as Nickerson Roofing’s residential inspections and includes but are not limited to the following:
– Standing water
– Bubbles in roofing material
– Gaps in roof flashing
– Poorly secured light fixtures
– Insufficiently sealed skylights.
– And more.
Residential & Commercial Property Inspections in Truckee, Mystic, Floriston, Olympic Valley, Alpine Meadows, Tahoe City, Dollar Point, Ridgewood, Carnelian Bay, Kings Beach, Eder, Norden, Soda Springs & The North Lake Tahoe Basin of California
For your commercial business or residential home roof inspection across the Greater Truckee, CA area, contact Nickerson Roofing for our detailed and thorough inspection. We recommend twice a year, once in early spring and again in late fall for optimal safety. Call us today to get started!