Your gutter system is designed to be strong and durable. They are made of galvanized steel or aluminum. However, even though they are made from strong materials, they are still subject to damage as well as wear and tear. When it is time to replace your gutter system there are some definite signs that will be present. Nickerson Roofing is here to point out some of the signs that will present when it is time to consider gutter replacement.
How Do I Know if My Gutters Need to Be Replaced?
Keep your eyes out for these signs that will make it clear that you are in need of gutter replacement.
– Rust, Holes or Cracks: Sometimes if you have a small crack somewhere in your gutter system, you can seal them and move on. When you find that you have more than twenty holes, cracks or can noticeably see rust all over your gutters, it is time to replace your gutters.
– Broken Fasteners: If you look at your gutters, they are held to your home using a number of fasteners. There are times that they can break and need to be replaced, but if your gutters are a problem, you may find that there are constantly fasteners that need to be replaced.
– Separated Gutters: Your gutters are made up of sections that fit together to remove excess water off your roof. If they are separating, it can be an indication that you need to have them replaced because they have warped over time.
– Bent or Sagging Sections: When your gutters are bent or sagging from your home, they aren’t able to work properly. You may be able to replace one section, but you will most likely want to replace them all so that your gutters are matching.
– Eroded Landscaping: If your gutters are working properly, they should be moving water away from your home. When there are areas of your landscaping that are eroded after a heavy rain, there is a problem with the water flow in your gutters and could result in replacement.
– Foundation Issues: The most expensive problem that comes from gutters that aren’t doing their job is foundation problems. When there is excessive water around your foundation, it can cause damage that will be result in costly repairs. Sometimes, it can cause portions of your foundations to sink, crack and separate.
Roof Repair, Replacement & More in Truckee, Mystic, Tahoe City, Kings Beach & The North Lake Tahoe Basin of California
Aside from these signs listed above, there are also other reasons that you may find you have to replace your gutter systems including tree damage, limbs or ladder damage. If you see any of the signs mentioned, you need to know that the right company is there and ready to replace your gutters. At Nickerson Roofing, we provide superior gutter installation and replacement services that will ensure your home is safe from water damage to help you avoid foundation issues and repair. We recommend 18 gauge welded steel guttering to stand up to our extreme snow and weather conditions.Call us today!