Natural light is an important component to a home. Most people notice that the amount of natural light in their home can drastically effect the entire mood of their home. Traditional windows aren’t the only way to achieve a good amount of natural light in your home. Skylights are a great way to add natural light to bring your home to life. Nickerson Roofing would like to talk about the many ways that a skylight may be the right option for your home.
Different Types of Skylights
Skylights are windows that are placed on your roof. They offer an unlimited amount of natural light into your home. There are basically three types of skylights.
Fixed Skylights – You do not have the option of opening this type of skylight. It is primarily used to allow more sunlight into a space, and is ideal for out of reach places. Not only can this type of skylight give you more sunlight, but it can offer beautiful views.
Tubular Skylights – If you have a small space that could use a little more natural light, this is the skylight for you. It is great for enclosed areas and is easy to install. The reflective tube is adjustable and offers the space more light than you might think.
Vented Skylights – This is a great choice for rooms that need more ventilation. It is ideal for cathedral ceilings that trap heat in them. You can have manual or electric operating windows installed which is a nice option as well. This window is great for light and air circulation.
Benefits of Skylights
1. Energy Efficient– Skylights are a great way to go green. They cut down energy emissions by lighting a room naturally as opposed to electrical lighting. They also can provide warmth from the sun during cold, winter months.
2. Savings– Since you can take advantage of natural light so much more with skylights, they save you money on your energy bill each month. Make sure the skylights you have installed are energy efficient and have the ENERGY STAR rating to save you money.
3. Privacy– Homes and being built closer and closer together. Having a skylight can be a way to get a lot of natural light without having large windows that neighbors can easily peer through.
4. Rooms Appear Larger– If you have a room that is small and you would like to change that without adding square footage, skylights can help. The addition of so much natural light can help a room appear larger than it really is.
5. Ventilation– If you choose a skylight that can open, it will help release the warm air in the room through the ceiling. It can make a real difference in the feel of a room to release all that hot air.
Skylight Installation & More in Truckee, Mystic, Tahoe City, Kings Beach & The North Lake Tahoe Basin of California
Skylights can illuminate your home with natural sunlight and add beauty to your living space. This is a great way to optimize daylight hours and brighten any room. No matter which type of skylight you choose to have installed, Nickerson Roofing offers skylight installations. Call us today!