If you need to replace your roof and are thinking about waiting for the summer months you might want to reconsider and replace your roof this fall instead. According to the knowledgeable experts at Nickerson Roofing, it turns out autumn is a great time of year to replace your roof and get your home ready for the freezing temperatures predicated this winter season.
Why Should You Replace Your Roof this Fall?
1. The heat of summer combined with wind and rain can really do a number on your roof, especially older roofs. Contact your Nickerson Roofing expert to schedule your comprehensive roof inspection. Depending on the results, your roofing specialist will recommend repairs or replacements to ensure that you and your family stay warm and dry this holiday season.
2. Fall provides optimal weather conditions for roof replacements due to clear weather with less cloud coverage. Cloudless skies are particularly beneficial for homeowners replacing their roof with asphalt shingles, one of the most popular roofing materials found in American homes. Installation during fall also allows for the new roofing to complete a process known as thermal sealing which ensures that the seal strips found on the shingles melts and forms a tight seal. Your Nickerson Roofing specialist will install your shingles to ensure that they provide a moisture resistant and airtight barrier to protect your home when the temperatures drops and the wind begins to blow.
3. Shingles are harder to work with during the extreme cold as they become brittle and are prone to shattering which is another reason why installation during the early fall is a better option than waiting for the latter part of the season.
4. Replacing your roof in the autumn months will also ensure that your roof can withstand freezing temperatures especially if your existing roof has any leaks. Even a small leak can become catastrophic when you consider the heavy winds, rain, ice, and snow that are common in the latter part of winter.
5. Replacing your roof during the autumn will not only keep you and your family warm this winter, it will also help you save money on your heating bills. If the heating and air conditioner used in your home is located in the attic area replacing your roof will allow your HVAC system to work more efficiently. As an added benefit you may qualify for a federal tax credit for energy efficiency providing you with an opportunity for even more savings.